Thursday, October 15, 2009

Oppede

Today I woke up early to prepare for my short trip to Oppede, and found myself with no hot water this morning to shower off. It was very chilly this morning, and I had left all of my jackets and sweatshirts in Chicago, so I through on a turtleneck, warm socks, leggings, warm boots, a scarf, and last but not least my warm mittens. I grabbed a quick bite to eat this morning, and then went to the vans to leave to head to Opedde. about 20 minutes of driving, we arrived, and hiked up the the top of the hill, where the anciet ruins were. It was interesting passing my the ruins, and seeing holes in the walls, which were made for shooting arrows at enemies. After hiking up the hill, and then back down, my class stopped at the new town's cafe, and bakery. We had a lot of time to kill, so we stopped by another Abbaye, and walked around for a bit of time, and finally headed back to Lacoste. 

Always,
    Ariele

No comments:

Post a Comment