Monday, October 12, 2009

Monastery


Today, I went to a Monastery, to see one of the Abbeys, and before I could go inside the main one, there was a detour through of course, the gift shop. I bought some dried lavender for a project, and a few bars of lavender scented soap for my friend, and I walked up the stairs to see the main part of the Abbey, but it was closed. I walked around to the back of the Abbey, and noticed beautiful flowers growing alongside the walls. I continued walking along the dirt and stone path, down through the woods, and I noticed this cool tree, where the trunk was equally split in the middle, which made it the perfect place to take a photograph; right inside the heart of the tree.
I wish I could have seen all of the lavender fields in bloom, but lavendar season is in the Summer, and it was getting very windy and chilly at this time of the month. I am looking forward to Arles on Thursday!

Always,
   Ariele

No comments:

Post a Comment