Friday, October 9, 2009

Nimes & Pont Du Guard


Today was a pretty eventful day, not only because I found this amazing trench coat at one of the shops at Nime, but because I found a killer pair of boots too.

I walked around Nime for a few hours, observing the lifestyle there, compared to Chicago, and even Lacoste. I liked Nimes much better than Aix-en-Provence, because the town gave off a friendly and soothing vibe.

When I first arrived at Nimes,  I walked around the arena, which bull fights take place in. After a good half hour of walking around the arena, practically hopping from one step to the other, I decided to walk around town, which is how I found my amazing purchases.

I also went to Pont Du Guard today, and decided to take a risk or two, and go into the Gard river with my clothes on; the water was cool, but after a few minutes I got used to it, and started to splash around and just have fun. I walked to the top of the Roman aqueduct, and looked at the amazing view, and hoping at the same time I would be dry soon, so I wouldn't be sitting in wet clothes for the two hour bus ride. I thought Pont Du Guard was an amazing and beautiful place to visit, and was pretty refreshing too!

Always,
    Ariele



No comments:

Post a Comment