Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wandering through Lacoste at dusk


The other day I went on a long walk through the vineyards, and as I was walking, I noticed all the leaves were turning color, and it was officially autumn. The beautiful reds, ochre colors, oranges, and light browns were jaw dropping. Every time I would walk on a steep hill, I could overlook the vast patchworks of crops, and homes in the middle of the valley. I kept walking, enjoying the silence that surrounded me, inhaling the fresh air with every breath, thinking about the few days I had left to take these long walks, and not have a care in the world. I walked until my toes got too cold, because I wore flip-flops, thinking I would only be gone for a few minutes or so, but a few minutes turned into 30 minutes, and then that 30 minutes, turned into over an hour. Every time I would start to head back to the campus, I would noticed something, and stop and stare. I am going to miss these long walks, with endless roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment